‘Civil litigation’ speaks to a legal dispute between two or more parties that seek money damages or specific performance as opposed to criminal sanctions. The law office of Cavett, Abbott & Weiss specializes in the following civil litigation cases: Automobiles, Premises Liability, Intentional Torts, and Business Torts. In this blog post, we will summarize each of our primary practice areas.
- Construction disputes – It’s no question that the construction industry involves plenty of complexities. Such cases usually entail large, high-risk damage awards. Our civil litigation attorney will pair technical knowledge in construction defects, financing, design, and product liability with keen dispute resolution skills. Our law office can represent contractors, engineers, architects, insurance companies, purchasers, etc. Contact us now to get started with construction litigation.
- Real estate disputes – Real estate litigation has seemingly endless layers to it. For example, disputes can arise out of the contracts of various parties who have an interest in the property. Real estate litigation may involve office buildings, apartment buildings, retail centers, and specialty properties. From acquisition and financing to construction and leasing, litigation may play a role in any phase. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to our real estate litigation lawyer.
- Commercial litigation contract disputes – It’s only natural for things to happen the more a company grows. Whether it’s partnership dissolutions, contract disputes, financing dilemmas, missed deadlines, lost profits, contract breaches, or something different, our commercial litigation law firm can help. WIth over 60 years of combined experience, we will work to achieve the best possible outcome for you and/or your company.
- Title insurance disputes – These cases may impact multiple parties such as lenders, property owners, and underwriters. At the law firm of Cavett, Abbott & Weiss, clients are in the best of hands. Take the past work of Mr. Cavett, for example. This civil litigation attorney represents numerous title industry underwriters such as Stewart Title, Old Republic Title, and First American. Rest assured that our law office can tackle disputes that involve negligent disbursements of a construction loan, fraudulent transfers/mortgage satisfactions, and liens/lien priority issues.
- Materialman’s liens – Note that a materialman’s lien gives a security interest in the property to someone who supplies materials used during work performed on the property. The purpose behind giving lien rights to contractors and subcontractors is that they should have great rights and a better chance of collecting debt compared to another party because their materials actually increased the value of the owner’s real property.
- Mechanics’ liens – These liens are legal claims against property that’s been remodeled or improved. Often used by subcontractors and suppliers, mechanics’ liens on your property can prevent you from selling your property or even getting a loan.
Civil litigation encompasses a wide range of areas. But that doesn’t mean finding the right civil litigation attorney should be difficult. Our law firm is dedicated to providing effective, efficient, and reliable trial counsel to those in Chattanooga and surrounding areas. Don’t let your case lead to another sleepless night.
Get the peace of mind you deserve with Cavett, Abbott & Weiss. Schedule a free consultation today.