Little in life is as stressful as being arrested and charged with a crime. Criminal charges are a serious matter that can have far-reaching consequences on your life. They can not only affect how you are perceived by others, but they also carry criminal penalties of potential jail or prison time, hefty fines, and long terms of probation. Even if the charges are dropped or dismissed, you may still have an arrest record that could limit employment or professional opportunities in the future.
Because of the consequences, it is vital that you have a clear understanding of your case, how the criminal justice system works, and your options, as well as realistic expectations moving forward. At Cavett, Abbott & Weiss, our team brings a wealth of criminal law experience to you at this difficult time. With 60 years of combined experience, you can rely on our knowledge, skills, and proficiency in providing the representation you need when facing any criminal arrest or charge at the state or federal level.
Have you been accused of a criminal offense? Call Cavett, Abbott & Weiss today at (423) 264-2206 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with one of our Chattanooga criminal defense attorneys.
"Very good at communicating with my group and making sure we understood everything."- L.M.
"I highly recommend not looking anywhere else...Cavett, Abbot & Weiss is the best team for the job."- Dan C.
"Best Lawyers in Chattanooga. Personable and really care about their clients. Thank you so much Josh Weiss!"- Malik N.
"I had a fantastic experience with this firm. They quickly helped me resolve a real estate matter."- Laura M.
Our dedicated team of criminal defense lawyers in Chattanooga handles all types of charges, including the following:
- DUI. Whether you have been arrested for a first or repeat offense, and whether your arrest involved alcohol or drugs, we can investigate to uncover flaws and weaknesses that may increase your chances of a better outcome.
- Drug Crimes. We defend all drug charges, from simple possession to serious felonies involving distribution or trafficking.
- Sex Offenses. We work to protect your privacy and your rights from investigation to negotiations with prosecutors or defending you in jury trials, where necessary.
- Theft. These charges can range from shoplifting to burglary or robbery felonies; you will need a trusted defender who knows the system and how to mount an effective defense.
- Probation Violations. Let us help you avoid incarceration and other penalties when accused of violating the terms of your probation.
Experienced Defense Attorneys Fighting for Your Rights
At Cavett, Abbott & Weiss, our team of highly skilled defense attorneys is dedicated to providing aggressive representation for clients facing criminal charges in Southern Tennessee and Northern Georgia.
We understand that being accused of a crime can be a stressful and overwhelming experience. That's why we are committed to fighting for your rights and ensuring that you receive a fair and just defense. Our team will thoroughly investigate your case, analyze the evidence, and develop a strong defense strategy tailored to your specific circumstances.
When you choose Cavett, Abbott & Weiss, you can expect:
- Personalized attention and support throughout the legal process
- Open and honest communication about the progress of your case
- Aggressive representation in negotiations and in the courtroom
- Extensive knowledge of criminal law and local court procedures
- A track record of successful case outcomes
If you are facing criminal charges, don't wait. Contact our Chattanooga office today to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced criminal defense attorneys. We are here to protect your rights and fight for your freedom.
- Violent Crimes. These are often serious felonies for which you will need proven trial counsel in seeking optimum outcomes.
- Driving-Related Charges. From reckless driving to vehicular homicide, our team puts aggressive advocacy on your side throughout the criminal process.
- Domestic Assault. Convictions in these cases can have very serious consequences, including jail time, fines, and restraining orders. Let us fight for you with experienced representation.
- Gun Crimes. Gun laws are complicated, and mistakes can happen. Let our team work for you in seeking the best possible result for your weapons charge.
Contact Our Criminal Defense Attorneys in Chattanooga Today
Our team understands the high stakes that are involved in criminal charges. Your reputation may be damaged, you may lose your job, your family may be ostracized, and a conviction will leave you with a permanent criminal record that can negatively impact your future. With a skilled attorney on your side, you will have a better chance of achieving a positive outcome in court and avoiding any unnecessary penalties. Our criminal defense lawyer in Chattanooga brings intensive knowledge of the law, professional experience, legal community connections, negotiation skills, and trial proficiency to the table when representing you in these serious matters.
Contact Cavett, Abbott & Weiss today to get started on your defense with our Chattanooga criminal defense lawyers.