As federal criminal defense attorneys, we have more than 60 years of combined experience defending the rights of individuals accused of criminal offenses in both state and federal courts. Our drug lawyers and DUI defense attorneys have represented clients in a wide range of criminal cases, from minor infractions and misdemeanors, such as drunk driving offenses, to the most serious felony charges including possession or distribution of drugs, robbery, kidnapping, sex offenses, arson and murder, including capital cases.
Every person has protections guaranteed by the United States Constitution that can never be taken away.
- If you get pulled over or approached by the police officer, be respectful. If driving show proof of your driver’s license, registration, and insurance.
- Never give permission to allow the police or anyone to search your person, car, or house. You would be surprised how often people “with nothing to hide,” end up with charges against them.
- Ask if you are free to leave. If you are not, say you wish to speak to your attorney.
- If a law enforcement officer begins to question or interrogate you, you MUST say the following:
“I do not wish to speak to you, and I want to speak to my attorney immediately.”
- You have a right to an attorney to assist in your defense.
- You have a right to a trial by a jury of your peers.
- You have a right for me to subpoena documents, evidence, and witnesses in your favor.
- You have right for me to cross-examine any witness against you.
- You do not have to testify, in fact, the prosecutor and judge cannot even refer to the fact that you are not testifying.
- You have a right to appeal any conviction against you.